Health Physicist with over 35 years of nuclear and radiological safety and security experience, including a number of Senior Executive positions held at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Career at NRC encompassed nearly all aspects of the agency’s regulatory duties including reactors and materials licensing, inspection, rulemaking, and emergency preparedness and response. Career also included significant international experience including (1) support for the development of nuclear regulatory infrastructure in multiple developing countries, as well as countries with emerging power reactor programs; (2) assistance with strengthening programs to establish regulatory oversight for the safe and secure use of radiation sources; and (3) led and served on multiple IAEA working groups and technical review teams including Integrated Regulatory Review Service Missions.
International Regulatory Development Partnership (IRDP) Program Director providing management oversight and technical assistance for countries with emerging nuclear power programs in developing organizational and programmatic resources for regulatory oversight. Also provides technical assistance to the Radiation Sources Regulatory Partnership (RSRP) program to assess and improve regulatory programs in developing countries.
- Deputy Regional Administrator, NRC Region IV
- Director, Division of Reactor Safety
- Director, Division of Nuclear Materials Safety
- Deputy Office Director, Office of International Programs
- Nuclear Safety Attaché, U.S. Mission to International Organizations in Vienna
- Director, Division of Intergovernmental Liaison and Rulemaking
- Deputy Director, Division of Security Policy
- Chief, Nuclear Materials Inspection Branch, Region IV
- Radiation Specialist (Health Physics Inspector), Region IV
Provided direct technical support and management oversight for the nuclear materials licensing and inspection programs, decommissioning and uranium recovery inspections, inspection of permanently shut down reactors and independent spent fuel storage installations. Provided oversight for NRC Region IV’s inspections and technical evaluations in the specialized fields of engineering; plant systems operations and testing; emergency preparedness; radiation protection; physical and cyber security; fire protection; and operator licensing programs.
- Radiation Safety Officer (Nuclear Medicine, Teletherapy, Irradiator, Academic Research Labs)
- Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Graduate Studies, University of New Haven, Public Administration, 1987-88
BS, Nuclear Medicine Science, University of the Incarnate Word, 1984